Submissions are invited for one of the following tracks:
For the Oral and Poster tracks, submitted abstracts must represent original, previously unpublished research work. Nevertheless, submitted abstracts of partially published works with new findings or works-in-progress in relevant emerging research topics are also welcome. For the Highlights track, authors are invited to submit an abstract of their recently published work. The paper must have been accepted for publication no earlier than February, 2013; and the paper or at least a provisional version of it must be available at the journal website.
The submission deadline is June 10, 2013 for the Oral / Highlights tracks and July 31, 2013 for the Poster track. Those accepted for Oral presentation are eligible for generous travel fellowships.
- Bioinformatics / Biomedical Informatics / Clinical Informatics
- Biological Databases
- Comparative Genomics / Microgenomics / Metagenomics
- Computational Algorithms / Theoretical Bioinformatics
- Evolutionary Biology
- Gene Annotation / Gene Prediction
- Gene Ontology / Gene Function
- High-throughput Technology / Next Generation Sequencing Methods
- Integrative Biology Proteomics Sequence Analysis / Sequence Alignment / Genome Scale Patterns
- Structural Bioinformatics
- Systems Biology / Network Biology
- Text Mining Transcriptomic Analysis
- All submissions must be made in Word format at this EasyChair Submission Page, except CV for travel sponsorship (please see below)
- The abstract must be at most two pages.
- The abstract must be structured to consist of five sections: (1) Background, (2) Motivation, (3) Proposed Approaches, (4) Results, and (5) Conclusions. In addition, three to four keywords must also be provided. This structure must strictly be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in rejection of the abstract.
- Take a look at a sample Format.
- July 10, 2013 : Deadline for submission of abstract for Oral / Highlights
- July 25, 2013 : Notification of acceptance for Oral / Highlights
- July 31, 2013 : Deadline for submission of abstract for Poster
- August 7, 2013 : Notification of acceptance for Poster
- Sept 9 – 10, 2013 : Conference
*The Notification date of Poster acceptance (Aug. 7) is provisional. We’re supposed to inform the acceptance to participants individually within one week after the poster deadline (July 31).
- Scientific impact
- Language quality (grammar, dictions, etc.)
Authors of selected abstracts shall be invited for oral or poster presentations at the conference. Shortlisted abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings.
A limited number of travel sponsorships will be awarded to selected oral presenters. Only authors submitting to the Oral track will be able to opt for such sponsorship. To apply, please send your CV (1 – 4 A4 pages, PDF-formatted) to firstname.lastname@example.org after you submit your abstract at the EasyChair.
Please note that the organizers reserve the rights to request additional documentations whenever deemed necessary to facilitate the assessment of travel sponsorship applicants. Should such a need arise, authors who have opted for the travel sponsorship will be contacted via e-mail.